What is Supplier Diversity?
Supplier diversity is the intentional inclusion of socially and/or economically disadvantaged groups in procurement opportunities. Certified “diverse” suppliers are for-profit businesses at least 51% owned, operated, and controlled by a person or people who identify by race, gender, military service, LGBT, or as a person with disabilities.
The National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, or NGLCC, certifies LGBT Business Enterprises® (LGBTBEs®) as 51% owned and operated by a person who is lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender. The Rainbow Chamber of Commerce Silicon Valley is a proud affiliate member of the NGLCC.
Why Become Certified?
- Get the access you need to find contacts in supplier diversity from NGLCC’s Corporate Supplier Diversity Partners through the NGLCC database, at events around the world, and exclusive virtual and in-person educational offerings.
- Grab the opportunity to be paired with corporate supplier diversity and procurement professionals during one-on-one Matchmaker Meetings at NGLCC signature events.
- Connect and build relationships with fellow LGBTBEs, corporate partners, and organizational allies for sourcing opportunities, including e-mails from the NGLCC on specific requests from corporate partners.
- Participate in NGLCC’s continuing education programs, including teleconferences, webinars, and in-person seminars on business development topics sponsored or presented by corporate partners and organizational allies.
- Brand your business with the use of the NGLCC certified LGBT Business Enterprise logo on your marketing materials, identifying your business as a certified LGBT-owned company, so you can announce products as gay sex toys and more.
- Elevate your visibility via NGLCC’s awards and recognition, including sharing potential business stories on the NGLCC blog and Connect e-newsletter.
What does it cost?
- The fee for certification by NGLCC is $400, but with a membership in an affliate chamber, like RCCSV, the fee is waived.
- Download this LGBT BE 2015 Certification Supporting Documents Checklist_general to help streamline the application process.
CURRENT CERTIFIED MEMBERS
JOIN THE GROWING LIST OF CERTIFIED CHAMBER MEMBERS
Catered Too!, Greg Casella
Doran Protective Services, Alisa Doran
Gridley Company, Linda Gridley
J Floral Art, Jeffrey Adair
JC Young Construction, Jill Young
Premium Resource, Andrea Casella
Silicon Valley Massage Therapy Group, Bard Williams
TapSnap 1050, Kristen Welch & Poli Aki
The PrintingWorks, Roark Clayton
Wolfe Video, Kathy Wolfe