Rainbow Chamber of Commerce Silicon Valley
2023 Level Up Mini-Grant Program
“You can focus on things that are barriers or you can focus on scaling the wall or redefining the problem.” – Tim Cook, Apple
2023 Winners Announced
Congratulations to our 2023 Level UP Grant Winners!
Anthony Hand ($500) – Lost Wig Productions – “Maxxie LaWow: Drag Super-shero,” an animated feature film.
LGBT-owned production company will use funds to help score the film through LGBT and ally producers.
Rachel Turkal ($500) – Browned Butter Babe Co– “Pathway Baking”
This queer, woman-owned bakery based in West San Jose, CA will use funds to hire food consultants and
get help establishing a brick-and-mortar location.
Congratulations to our 2022 Level UP Grant Winners!
Jason Sholl ($500) – ProReferee – “Facebook Retargeting”
Funding targeted advertising for new products that were undermarketing during COVID 2021.
Vikki Brown ($500) – V.A. Brown Consulting – “Confident Competence”
Creating a series of online courses t teach people the fundamentals of small business management.
Caroline Rasmussen ($500) – Healing with Caroline – “Empowering People”
Series of videos that promote energy healing to empower people to better versions of themselves and promote self-acceptance.
The 2023 Grants have been awarded! Stay tuned for information about our 2024 grant program!
What is the 2023 Level Up mini-grant program?
One of the best ways to grow your business is to step out of your comfort zone and try something new. As we emerge from a game-changer pandemic, there’s never been a better time to support small businesses and help them take the steps to level up and move their business forward. The Rainbow Chamber of Commerce Silicon Valley (RCCSV) Level Up mini-grant program offers small project grants of up to $500 to SF Bay Area small business owners who have “out of the box” ideas to move their business forward. In addition to the grant, recipients will get a year’s free membership in the Rainbow Chamber and recognition in our newsletter, social media, and events.
What are the qualifications?
- Be a small business with 25 or fewer employees, properly registered in the State of California with a mailing address in the San Francisco Bay area.
- Membership in the Rainbow Chamber of Commerce is not required. Current RCCSV Board members are not eligible.
- Fully complete the grant application. Only one submission per business or individual, so give us your best!
- You must agree to allow the Rainbow Chamber of Commerce to use your business name and likeness in promotions on your behalf and as a positive example for future grantees.
- Your idea should contain a detailed description of how you plan to spend the money. You can allocate money for innovative advertising and social media, business-related education, to fund or partially fund an event or program, or toward the purchase of materials or services to help you achieve your goals. You may not use the money to pay yourself outright, but you can use the money to educate yourself.
- You can apply for up to $500.00. Those funds can pay for part, or all, of your idea.
- Your idea must be put into motion within 90 days of receipt of the grant.
- You must agree to provide an update within 90 days of receipt of the grant. We’ll use that update to help you move toward your goal, or help you celebrate reaching it.
- All Level Up grant applications should be submitted no later than 12:00 pm PST on December 1, 2023. Late applicants will not be considered or reviewed.
- Grant winners will be notified via phone and/or email on or before December 15, 2023.
- Grant winners will attend the subsequent, Board of Directors Meeting, held in the South Bay, either in person or via video conference, to educate the Board and let us see how we can help. You will receive your grant money at that time.
How will applications be evaluated?
- The quality of your idea: How will this grant help your business Level Up?
- The feasibility of your idea: Is this program, project, or activity achievable?
- The creativity of your idea: How is this thinking differently? How might this grant help you push the boundaries of your own creativity?
- The impact of your idea: How closely does your idea align with RCCSV values including equality, diversity, inclusivity, community, integrity, service, vision, and leadership?
How is the grant funded?
The Rainbow Chamber of Commerce set aside funds each year to encourage the development of LGBTQ+ business and their allies. Sponsors are welcome to donate to the program to allow more businesses to benefit. The number of awards each year is dependent on the quality of grant applications, and the availability of funds in the Chamber budget.
How do I apply?
Complete the application form here.
We can’t wait to see your Level Up ideas! If you have questions, please direct them to [email protected]. Include the words “Level Up” in the subject line.